I'm so happy to welcome authors Adrianne Lee & Anna Sullivan to Fab Fantasy Fiction. I've read both their books and know you'll enjoy them too. This is a special chance to learn a little more about their characters - and have a little fun. Perhaps you'll be the lucky winner of their two books - Delicious & Temptation Bay. Or perhaps the pie recipe you submit may be chosen by Adrianne for one of her future Big Sky Pie books. You might find the perfect vacation escape as we share our own favorites. And don't forget that Adrianne will offer a fabulous reward if you're one of the first five to purchase Delicious. So pour yourself a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, cut yourself a slice of blueberry pie, and spend some time with two fabulously talented authors.
The Delicious Temptations Blog Tour Stop
Authors Adrianne Lee & Anna Sullivan
reveal the "Top 5 Reasons I Love My Heroine."
Enter the giveaway below to receive your copy of DELICIOUS & TEMPTATION BAY,
receive a special reward from Adrianne,
and share some pie recipes & your favorite Maine (or other) getaway spot with friends!
Adrianne Lee's Top 5 Reasons I Love My Heroine, Jane
- Jane isn’t a size 2.
- Jane has mad baking skills most of us can only dream of.
- Jane works hard to reach her goals and steps up when others might shy away.
- Jane wants her mother to be happy, even if she has to do something not so nice to insure that.
- Jane doesn’t want to fall for Nick, but darn it, he’s just so DELICIOUS.
Workaholic Nick Taziano is the proud owner of a successful marketing company in Montana. But his career takes a backseat when he learns his dad plans to remarry his ex. Nick fears she'll break his heart . . . again. And he doesn't like being reunited with her obnoxious daughter-until the all-grown-up beauty kisses him at the engagement party. The kiss might be a mistake, but once he tastes Jane's lips, nothing-not even her famous blueberry pie-compares.
A promising chef at Big Sky Pie, Jane Wilson never, ever wanted to see Nick Taziano again, but he's just been hired to do the pie shop's marketing. How's a girl supposed to bake the best pastries in town when he's a constant reminder of their steamy chemistry? His chocolate eyes and sexy dimples heat up the kitchen-and every part of her body. Jane has no room for a man in her life, yet sometimes the most delicious dishes don't follow the recipe...
About the author:
Social Media Links:
Author Adrianne Lee will offer the first five confirmed buyers of DELICIOUS a copy of her book YOU DON"T KNOW JACK. E-mail Adrianne your confirmation of purchase at email@example.com with subject line "DELICIOUS reward - Fab Fantasy Fiction."
In DELICIOUS Adrianne Lee shares a fabulous blueberry pie recipe. I hope that you'll share your favorite pie recipe in the comments below or on Fab Fantasy Fiction on Facebook (Adrianne will be reading these, so perhaps they might inspire a future pie in her BIG SKY PIE series.) One lucky person will receive a special BIG SKY PIE pie slicer from Adrianne. MMMM I can smell these pies baking now.
Anna Sullivan's Top 5 Reasons I Love My Heroine, Maggie
- She’s strong - almost to a fault
- She’s witty – but she laughs with you, not at you
- She’s outspoken - to the point of bluntness (don’t we all wish we could be sometimes?)
- She’s guarded - but still open to possibility
- She knows she’s not perfect - although she might not admit it
(December 17, 2013; Forever Mass Market; 978145552535-5)
Maggie Solomon has always been one of Windfall Island's favorite daughters. A beautiful, passionate charter pilot who loves this remote Maine island, Maggie has never cared much for outsiders-until her latest passenger arouses the curiosity of the town . . . and something hot and irresistible in Maggie. With his long, lean looks and razor-sharp wit, the man is temptation itself.
Cop-turned-PI Dexter Keegan is on a covert mission to solve the case that will make his career: uncovering the identity of the Stanhope heir, kidnapped nearly a century ago. No one on this fiercely protective island can know what he's doing, not even the spirited, blue-eyed beauty who infuriates-and excites-Dex. As the desire between them ignites, Maggie becomes the key to the case . . . and the target of an unknown enemy. Now Dex will do anything to protect the woman he's come to love-even risk his own life.
Anna Sullivan was born and raised in southeastern Michigan, the seventh of nine children, whose claim to fame was reading five books a week in grade school. Needless to say, her obsession with the written word only grew from there-despite a short, and misguided, foray into the world of computer science (the "sensible" job path). She still lives in Michigan, with her husband, three children and two dogs whose life of leisure she envies but would never be able to pull off.
I love the coastal Maine setting of Anna Sullivan's TEMPTATION BAY on her fictional Windfall Island. The state of Maine is one of my favorite places to visit and there are several locations that are my getaway dream sites to vacation - and dream of dreams - to retire to. Please share your favorite Maine getaway in comments below or on Facebook. If you have a favorite getaway that's not Maine-based, share that too!
BLOG TOUR STOP GIVEAWAY
FAVORITE PIE RECIPES
My all-time favorite recipe is LEMON MERINGUE PIE as it was one of the first pies I ever baked and my father's favorite (I made it every year on his birthday). I confess to using prepared crusts (the Pillsbury roll-up kind as my pie crusts usually just don't hold together right. If you have any helpful hints for me, let me know!
Here's a simple recipe for my version of Lemon Meringue pie, please submit your favorite pie in the comments section below or on the Fab Fantasy Fiction Facebook Event Page.
A "VAN WYCK" LEMON MERINGUE PIE
- 1C sugar
- 1/4C Corn Starch
- 1-1/2C cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/4C fresh lemon juice
- 1T butter
- 1 blind baked (9-inch) pie crust (Follow package directions. I use Pillsbury roll-up prepared crusts)
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4C sugar
- 1/4t Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 1 cup sugar and corn starch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Stir in egg yolks.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter.
- Spoon hot filling into pie crust.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy. Mix 1/3 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cream of tartar and gradually beat into egg whites. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack at room temperature for 30 minutes; refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
For a special decoration, I like to add a candied lemon wheel to each slice of pie served. Here's a simple recipe to use:
DECORATIVE CANDIED LEMON WHEELS
- 2 small lemons
- 1C sugar
- 2T fresh lemon juice
- 3/4C water
- Cut lemons into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; discard seeds.
- Stir together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon slices, and simmer gently, keeping slices in a single layer and turning occasionally, 14 to 16 minutes or until slightly translucent and rinds are softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Place slices in a single layer in a wax paper-lined jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet.
- Cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Cover and chill 2 hours to 2 days. Save the cooled syrup for a wonderful simple syrup base for cocktails and lemonade!
FAVORITE MAINE (OR OTHER) GETAWAYS
(If you can't see the photo album, click here for an alternate view.)My absolute favorite getaway spot on the Coast of Maine is Popham Beach. I first began visiting there several years ago and fell in love with the sandy (yes SANDY) beaches; the romantic location (three lighthouses in view at the mouth of the Kennebec River - and one of the locations used in the movie Message in a Bottle); and the wonderful quiet of pre-Memorial Day and post-Labor Day stays. During this time, my golden girl (a golden retriever) would join me for beach runs at low tide just before and during dawn. There is nothing more magical than seeing the sunrise in the east we visit an island only accessible during low tide. It's like a dream world. In addition, as you might guess, it's a super dog-friendly spot. In mid-Coast Maine, it's actually the perfect getaway spot and my idyllic retirement locale (if I win the lottery). On rainy days, it's fun to just settle in and watch the surf while you read your favorite book or visit nearby Bath with its wonderful selection of shops and the Maine Maritime Museum. What's your favorite Maine (or other) getaway spot? Please submit yours in the comments section below or on the Fab Fantasy Fiction Facebook Event Page.
Thanks for joining the blog tour stop!
Please post your comments, pie recipes, and favorite getaways below or on Facebook.