While I did take time out to sleep, eat, and do some chores, I pretty much read these straight through in a 24 hour period. Clark has a wonderful gift of conveying her characters’ humanity, whether it’s Jock’s fondness for nicknames, Ian’s unfulfilled desire for a smoke once his wife intervenes, or Jess’s coffee obession, the reader (me) felt that these characters had become friends by the end of the series. I will admit I found Deadly Secrets a harder read than the others, frankly because of the topic, but Clark’s prose soon drew me into the story and although it still isn’t my favorite, it’s a solid volume.
Look out for Deadly Beginings, the book that will provide the story of Jock and Kaitie’s love affair in the ’60s, that led to marriage and their family of five heroic sons. I’m hoping to hear more about the Irish grandmother’s curse that seems to have haunted the brothers Kinncaid and their wives during their respective courtships (most with bullets flying). But without the troubles they encountered, we wouldn’t have this excellent series.
From the Publisher: “Ms. Clark . . . has you sitting on the edge of your seat, reading furiously to find out what happens next. The suspense resonates throughout . . . This is an exciting, breathtaking ride.” —Love Romances
There are few men as sexy and charming as Jaycee Clark’s Kinncaid brothers, and readers will be thrilled to find them all in one great place. Each of their heart-pounding stories is told in this five-book collection, including Deadly Shadows, Deadly Ties, Deadly Obsession, Deadly Games, and Deadly Secrets.
- “Deadly Shadows is a well-written, riveting tale filled with fascinating characters and an engaging storyline.” —Romance Reviews Today
- “Deadly Ties . . . blends suspense, romance, and danger into a thrilling story.” —Romance Reviews Today
- “Deadly Obsession is the third book in the Deadly series and is an absolute must-read!” —Fallen Angel Reviews
- “[Deadly Games] is a suspenseful, action-packed, and thrilling story that kept me on the edge of my seat. Another excellent romantic suspense from Jaycee Clark.” —Joyfully Reviewed
- “Jaycee Clark’s Kinncaid Brothers series is hot hot hot and [Deadly Secrets] is no exception.” —Goodreads
About the Author: Jaycee Clark is the author of Hunted and the Kinncaid Brothers series, including Deadly Shadows, Deadly Ties, Deadly Obsession, Deadly Games, and Deadly Secrets. You can learn more about Jaycee by visiting her website at www.jayceeclark.com